Friday, November 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink November Blog Hop

I nearly forgot about the blog hop today! Amazingly, I had a idea as soon as I saw the inspiration picture, so it didn't take me too long to make my card. I loved the look of the pine garland against the white stair rails and here is my interpretation.


I embossed four white strips with the Distressed Stripes folder and then spaced them out on the white card to mimic the stair rails. Then I stamped the small holly sprig from Tag-Its #9 to make a garland across the top of the card. The small poinsettia is from the same set to add pops of color like the ribbon in the picture.

To mimic the silver bucket of greenery, I stamped the picnic basket on silver paper and colored the Christmas topper with Copic markers. The sentiment is from Holiday Button Bits and is embossed in white on a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock. I will probably add some yellow or gold Stickles to the star and poinsettia centers before I mail this card. It needs just a touch of sparkle. :)

Stamps: Tag-Its #9, Vintage Picnic, Holiday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); silver
Ink: New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Fresh Snow, True Black (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic: 0 Colorless, T1, Y13, YG11, YG 13, YG 17, R29, R59
Misc: Distressed Stripes embossing folder (Cuttlebug); white Filigree embossing powder; Double-Ended Banners die (Papertrey Ink)

6 comments:

  1. Wow lovely- Great background and lovely elements- All of you ladies certainly know how to make stunning cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a creative card, love how you added the picnic basket with all the goodies inside and the embossed background too, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Annheidel I LOVE your garland - a really beautiful interpretation of the photograph.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!