Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Beary Valentine's Day sketch card

I absolutely love how this card turned out! It's a new year of sketches for the SFYTT sketch challenge and I want to participate every month like I did last year. January's sponsor is The Cat's Pajamas, so I chose one of their cute sets called A Beary Good Year. Since I'm still on a Valentine kick, this is the result of my stamping session.


I started with an old Stampin' Up background stamp and added color to the hearts with Copic markers. Then I embossed both the kraft and red layers to add some texture. I layered a stitched black ribbon over the black strip, and then added my main focal point. It's comprised of a beaded circle die layer that is sponged with red ink and a white circle with traced black outline. The bear image is colored with Copic markers and cut out. Inside the card, I stamped the sentiment, "Have a beary happy Valentine's day."

Stamps: A Beary Good Year (Cat's Pajamas), Soft Swirls (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Paper: White, Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Copic: R24, R29, E42, E55, E57, E59
Misc: Basic Black marker (Stampin' Up); Standard Circles Large die, Beaded Circles die (Spellbinders); Heart Blocks embossing folder, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!