Saturday, March 24, 2012

Welcome Home

I absolutely love this card! I need to make some cards for real estate, so I pulled out one of my favorite sets. Boards & Beams has the cutest houses and sentiments for that purpose. I based this card on one by Nichole Heady found here. I loved how she cut out the windows and backed it with acetate.

I didn't want to bother with acetate, so I simply stamped the house in black on the cream panel underneath. Works just as well! I used my Copic markers on the house and trees, and then added shading around the fence.

The terracotta panel was a happy accident. I originally stamped it using Guidelines in the matching ink, but it completely faded into the paper. In an effort to save it, I sponged Dark Chocolate ink all over the paper. I really like the rustic-style result and it even brought out the stamped pattern, almost like a resist. It's hard to see in the photo, but it's there!

Did I mention how much I love this card? I think I'll be making a few more of these in other colors! :)

Stamps: Boards & Beams, Guidelines (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Kraft, Terracotta Tile, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Dark Chocolate, Chai, Terracotta Tile (Papertrey Ink)
Copic: 0, T1, E55, E57, E59, YR18, YR23, YR25, YG97
Misc: white pen (Inkssentials)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!