Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yeah, it's a girl!

My brother Nate and my sister-in-law Rana recently had a baby girl. It is cause for great excitement in my clan because she is only the fourth granddaughter out of eighteen grandchildren. I happen to have two of them (16 and 8 years old) and my brother Corey has the other girl (nearly two years old). The girls are precious and few! I want to send a card, naturally, so I chose to use this month's SFYTT sketch.

Side note: I am not known for getting cards sent out to family and friends. In fact, I'm pretty lousy at it! Even when I have actually MADE a card for a specific occasion. Therefore, I am trying to overcome that particular weakness this year. Baby steps! (pun intended)

I indulged in lots of pink. Did you really expect otherwise? Lots of bright pink. I had so much fun! I used two older sets from Stampin' Up called Cuddles & Tickles (1996) and Baby Talk (2005). I adore the cute illustrations. I even decorated the inside of my card. (Shhh...don't tell anyone that I originally stamped the sentiment crooked and covered it up with a matted sentiment. It's our little secret. I planned the whole thing, okay?)

I used a sentiment block image on the light pink card base, which may be hard to see. I also stamped an image in light pink behind the inside sentiment. White dots were added to the baby's outfit. Here is the sketch I used for my card.


So now that the card is done, I need to get cracking on a baby gift to accompany it. Yet another thing I'm lousy at doing. Wish me luck!

Stamps: Baby Talk, Cuddles & Tickles (Stampin' Up)
Paper: White (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Razzleberry Lemonade (Stampin' Up); Cute Pink Flower Dots (The Paper Studio)
Ink: Pink Pirouette (Stampin' Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic: E000, E00 E30, R20, R83, R85, T1, T4, T6
Misc: Scallop Circle punch (EK Success); Standard Circles die (Spellbinders); white pen (Inkssentials)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!