Friday, April 20, 2012

Cheers to You

I wasn't too productive in the studio this week.  I worked on this particular card on and off one day while doing other chores.  I'd get stuck, go do something else, come back to make some headway, and then repeat the whole process.  Just one of those days!


I used a color combo from the ColourQ #133 challenge this week.  (picture linked)  I thought the colors would make a great masculine card.  Drawing inspiration from the geometric diamond shapes, I used my markers to stamp a More Mustard and Basic Gray background on the white panel, and then my Basic Gray inkpad to stamp a smaller diamond pattern on the Dusty Durango panel.  It looks simple, but it took all day playing around with layers before I finally settled on this design.  I'd change a few small things if I were to do it again, but it's still a fun masculine birthday card!

Stamps:  Print Pattern, Lots of Thoughts (Stampin' Up); Background Basics: Retro (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Dusty Durango, More Mustard, Basic Gray, Basic Black (Stampin' Up); White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Dusty Durango, Basic Gray (Stampin' Up)
Markers:  More Mustard, Basic Gray (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Labels 18 dies (Spellbinders)

6 comments:

  1. This is a great masculine card. Love how you also pulled inspiration from the great patterns in the photo. Thank you for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice combination of stamping and papers, Ann, great take on the picture! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background you stamped! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Annheidel! Love the patterns and design, especially the panel the sentiment is on! Thanks so much for playing along at colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how some cards just come together quickly and others take a while! It looks fabulous now....love your diamond BG! Thanks for participating in the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!