Friday, June 29, 2012

Happy Fourth of July

I finally got a card done for the SFYTT sketch challenge.  Once I saw the stars on the sketch, I immediately thought of using my In the Stars set by Stampin' Up.  I refuse to admit just how long it took me to find that set.  lol  I know it's a few days early for July 4th, but making this card sure put me in the mood for fireworks and grilled hamburgers.    :)

 
link to challenge
For some reason, my Pure Poppy stripes are looking a little pinkish, but I assure you they are red!  I embossed the "wish for you" star and punched it out with my SU star punch.  The larger blue star was stamped with VersaMark and simply cut out.  I also cut out the embossed outline star.  Both of the smaller stars are attached with pop-dots for dimension, as well as the white circle

I pulled out an old Hanna Stamps set (now retired) since it fit perfectly in the open space left on the white circle and used my Copic markers to color the image.  Turned out cute!  It's difficult to see, but I also used my colorless blender marker to add tiny dots to the blue part of the flag.  It gives just a hint of stars.  The red-striped mat and the red sentiment strip are both distressed along the edges to add a little bit of texture.

I had a lot of fun with this sketch!  It's an easy layout with lots of possibilities.   :)

Stamps:  In the Stars (Stampin' Up); Patriotic Hanna (Hanna Stamps); Distressed Stripes, Vintage Picnic (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Copic:  0 Colorless, C1, T1. E000, E00, E30, E42, E55, E57, E59, R20, R24, R29, R59, B95, B97, B99
Misc:  Standard Circles die (Spellbinders); Star punch (Stampin' Up); white embossing powder (Filigree); pop-dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!