Saturday, June 30, 2012

A new little someone

I went to a baby shower this morning for a new friend who is due to have a baby boy next month.  Since I didn't have any baby cards in my stash, I whipped up this card to accompany my gift.  Normally I struggle with creating last minute, but this card came together pretty quickly.  (and turned out cute, if I do say so myself!)


I used my Baby Button Bits set for the first time.  I took advantage of the fact that the card didn't have to be mailed.  No qualms about that sweet blue button!  Obviously, I kept the card simple due to time.  The blue mat was cut with my Top Note die and embossed with dots.  I edged the sentiment strip with scallops, and then hand-cut the stamped bear to place on top.

Sweet, simple, and fast!   :)

Stamps:  Baby Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Spring Rain, White, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Scallop Edge punch, Top Note die (Stampin' Up); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Spring Rain button (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. How sweet is this? I just love that the background looks like a chenille blanket!

    I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll, Annheidel. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, this is a very sweet baby card, Annheidel!
    So happy Cath from MFW spotted you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!