Monday, June 25, 2012

You are the best


Time for the monthly Papertrey Ink blog hop!  Yet again, it's an inspiration challenge and you will see that my card looks very little like the picture.  I pretty much just went with the pretty yellow color and the flower-shaped pillow to make this card.

photo credit



I stamped the flower from All About You in Harvest Gold ink on white cardstock, cut it out, bent the edges of the petals slightly, and then added a punched Dark Chocolate center.  I stamped the leaves in New Leaf and also cut them out, placing them behind the flower.  I outlined the white mat with Early Espresso stitches and then stamped the sentiment on the mat.  I embossed the Harvest Gold mat with my Swiss Dots folder to echo the polka dot leaves and add some texture.  Then it was simply matted with Dark Chocolate and attached to the white card base.  I really like how it turned out!  Bright, cheerful, and sunny.   :)

Stamps:  All About You (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Harvest Gold, Dark Chocolate, White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Misc:  Mat Stack 5 die (Papertrey Ink); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); 3/4" circle punch (EK Success)

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent card and great fussy cutting. It takes so much patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and cheerful! I just got this stamp set this week and love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! I love it! The swiss dots goes so well with the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!