Friday, November 30, 2012

Polka Dot Holly for the Holidays

I'm squeaking in at the last minute with my SFYTT sketch challenge card for November.  I went a little crazy with the polka dots, but it was worth it!


photo linked
Isn't that cute!  Serious polka dot overload.  I stamped and cut out the holly leaves from my Holiday Button Bits set, and then added stamped berries using a circle from Take a Bough.  (hand cut since I don't have the right size circle punch, naturally)  The sentiment is from Friendship Jar: Holiday Fillers.

Obviously, I used three different embossing folders, two of which just happen to be polka dots.  :)  I got the color combo from a previous Papertrey Ink blog hop challenge.  (October, I think)  It's a very modern take on the traditional red, white, and green.  I really like it!  This card was very fun to make.  :)

Stamps:  Holiday Button Bits, Take a Bough, Friendship Jar: Holiday Fillers (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy, Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Pinefeather (Papertrey Ink); Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Holly, Polka Dots, Swiss Dots (Cuttlebug embossing folders); Classic Inverted Scalloped Circle die, Standard Circle die (Spellbinders) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!