Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bow ties and a baby shower

Several months ago, I co-hosted a bow tie themed baby shower for my friend Lori.  I made several things for it, so I want to share those here on my blog.  I don't have a bow tie die, so I searched the internet for a svg file to use with my Cricut and found a free bow at svgcuts.com.  It cut beautifully!  I used some Basic Grey patterned paper and they turned out absolutely darling.


I made cupcake toppers using a Lacey Circles die by Spellbinders and then stamping a circle in kraft ink.  I stamped the "welcome little one" sentiment in dark chocolate ink and then adhered the bow tie above it.  I taped a popsicle stick to the back.  If I had had more time (cough..procrastinator...cough), I would have made cupcake wrappers to match.


To dress up the chicken salad sandwiches, I used the same patterned paper with my Double-Ended Banners die to make toothpick flags.  They looked great!


For my gift, I used an extra cupcake topper to dress up a little mini album that I made from chipboard and Basic Grey patterned papers.  The pages are kraft cardstock that I embellished with strips of the same patterned paper.  I had guests at the baby shower write well wishes and/or advice inside.  I really loved how the book turned out!









If I hadn't run out of time, I would have done more.  Perhaps food labels or a banner or other small touches.  Still, I was really pleased with what I was able to finish.  It made the baby shower a little extra special.   :)

Stamps:  Everyday Classics, Borders & Corners: Circles (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Granola (Basic Grey); chipboard
Ink:  Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Lacey Circles die (Spellbinders); Double-Ended Banners die (Papertrey Ink); Bow (SVGCuts); popsicle sticks; toothpicks

4 comments:

  1. What a great theme for a shower and you have carried the theme so well in all areas. Love the little cupcake toppers and the flags for the sandwiches. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful projects for the baby shower! a bow tie theme is so fun! love the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable, luv those cute little bow ties!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!