Saturday, August 24, 2013

Stamp-a-Faire: Breakfast Bake & Take

Good morning!  Well actually, good afternoon!  It took me most of the morning to come up with this design.  The first challenge for today's Stamp-a-Faire is a color and sketch combination.  Six choices for each.  Pick one color combo and one sketch.  Seems easy enough.  NOT!  Did anyone else find the color combos difficult?  I really struggled getting it to work.  After trying several of them, this is the color combo I finally used.
It has two neutral colors, which gave me a better chance at getting this card done so I can move on to the other challenges.  lol  Must be the perfectionist in me.  I like doing things in order!  I picked a different sketch originally, but then decided on this fun sketch instead.
I love the circles!  Once I figured out what I was doing, it was quick to punch all the circles out.  Playing with the arrangement took the most time.  For the sentiment, I embossed a vellum strip with a fun dot pattern and then stamped the sentiment at the bottom.  I love how it turned out!


What do you think?  It would totally work for a masculine card.

Emily is not nearly as indecisive as me.  She picked her color combo and sketch immediately.  lol  I helped her cut out the pieces, gave her a few suggestions, and then let her do it on her own.



She's been done for quite a while and has been asking for the past hour if we could please start the Kool-Aid dye challenge.  lol  Good thing she has siblings to distract her.   :D

Stamps:  Inside & Out: Thank You (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Ocean Tides, Autumn Rose, Canyon Clay, Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone, vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Dot Matrix embossing folder (Sizzix); 1/2" circle punch, 7/8" circle punch (EK Success)

Stamps:  Polka Dot Basics, Spiral Bouquet (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Winter Wisteria, Limeade Ice, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Winter Wisteria, Aqua Mist, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Beautiful Blooms II #2 (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I like Emily's choices...mainly because my wardrobe is comprised of aquas and black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are wonderful, both of you! Ann, your card is so cool-- I just stared at it for a long time, taking in all of the details!
    Emily, your card is so pretty! Sage is like you.... she looked at the colour combos and picked hers quickly-- she chose the one with purples and pink-- no surprise there!
    Looks like you two had a great day stamping together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!