Monday, August 26, 2013

Stamp-a-Faire: Custom Accents from the Oven

If you can believe it, this was the first time I've used shrink plastic.  I've had it in my studio for ages, but just never got around to playing with it.  While checking out the design team projects, I fell in love with Dawn McVey's adorable snowflakes here and just had to recreate them.


It was hard to capture the sparkle in a photograph, but here's a closer look.  Hopefully you can see it better.  I just love this snowflake!


I kept my card pretty simple.  The card base is Hibiscus Burst stamped with some wintery words in VersaMark ink.  It looks like a watermark.  I added random dots of Frosted Lace Stickles to mimic falling snowflakes.  I embossed the sentiment in white on a strip of Smokey Shadow cardstock and matted it with white.  Then I just glued my sparkly snowflake in place!

Stamps:  Snowfall, Snowfall Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Hibiscus Burst, Smokey Shadow, White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark
Misc:  Frosted Lace Stickles; white embossing powder (Filigree); matte shrink plastic (Grafix); Crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart); Glossy Accents (Ranger)

Stamps: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!