Monday, August 26, 2013

Stamp-a-Faire: Sweet Sugar Coated Embellishments

Woohoo!  Last card for the Stamp-a-Faire challenges!  I managed to do every single one.  (by the skin of my teeth)  It was definitely a challenge to do so many projects in one weekend.  I wasn't entirely sure I would make it by the deadline today.  I'm not a fast stamper, plus it takes time to photograph each project, upload and edit the pictures, and write the blog posts.  Whew!

Glitter was the star of this challenge.  I actually used glitter on quite a few of my Stamp-a-Faire cards.  For this one, I decided to create a snowy winter scene.



Check out all that sparkle!  I first stamped and diecut my pine tree.  For the snow, I added raised globs of liquid glue (a la Dawn McVey) to the branch edges and then shook on a healthy dose of glitter.  I did the same thing to my white hill edges and snowman.  This was all done last night so it could dry while I was sleeping. 

I love the look!  In hindsight, I should have used white glitter on my tree because the glue dried transparent (duh!) and my crystal glitter just doesn't look snowy enough with the dark green showing through.  There are some flecks of Carrara Marble glitter, because I shook it on afterwards, which does help a bit.  Next time I do a tree, I'll use that one instead.  The crystal glitter looks great on the snowman and hills though!

If you look closely, you can see that I deliberately added my glue in a jagged manner.  It looks more like real snow that way.  Love all the sparkle!!



For the sentiment, I just diecut a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock (so it would blend with my brackground) and stamped it in black.  Isn't that the perfect sentiment for this card?  Oh, and I embossed teeny white snowflakes on my Aqua Mist card base before gluing everything down.

So happy with this card!  It almost makes me long for winter.  Almost.  I admit to singing "Winter Wonderland" during the process.  Just couldn't help it!   :)

My daughter Emily also made a card for this challenge using some pretty pink glitter and diecut flowers. 


This was quick and easy.  She stamped her leaves, glued on the flowers, added a yellow butterfly leftover from our Kool-Aid experiment, stamped her sentiment, and put it all on a Hibiscus Burst card base.  Done!  She says I take too long.   lol   Love my sweet girl!  It was so fun to stamp with her this weekend.

Stamps:  In the Meadow (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Misc:  In the Meadow dies, In the Meadow Silhouettes dies (Papertrey Ink);  Fishtail Flags Layers STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Crystal fine glitter, Carrara Marble glitter (Martha Stewart)

Stamps:  Turning a New Leaf, Floral Frenzy, Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey Ink); watercolor paper
Ink:  Smokey Shadow, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Misc:  Beautiful Blooms II #1 dies; Heart-2-Heart #10 die (Papertrey Ink); Cotton Candy glitter (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Heidi, on the HUGE win as Top Chef for 2013 SAF!! It is so well-deserved!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!