Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hey, Sassy Pants

I print tons of sketches with good intentions of using them to make cards.  I like to think about them... mull over how to use them...and usually the deadlines pass before I do.  Only a few sketches actually get made into cards.  The newest weekly sketch for My Favorite Things was posted this morning.  Today was one of those rare occasions where I used it immediately.  I had an idea and got right into the studio.


http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/stamp-and-win-with-this-weeks-card-sketch-151/

For the polka dots on the sketch, I stamped a strip from the Distressed Diamonds set and embossed it a vibrant pink.  I love how it pops against the black background!  I pulled out an adorable Pure Innocence girl for my main image.  Her little attitude makes me smile.  I colored her with Copic markers and paper-pieced her dress using a pattern from the retired Razzleberry Lemonade pack by Stampin' Up.  Since the sentiment stamp is photopolymer, I curved it on my acrylic block to fit the circle.  So much fun and just a bit sassy!

Stamps:  Cute-a-tude (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink); Razzleberry Lemonade (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Copic:  0, C1, E000, E00, E30, E42, E55, E47, E59, R20, RV13, RV14, RV17
Misc:  Melon Mambo embossing powder (Stampin' Up); Standard Circles Large and Small dies (Spellbinders)

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! She has lots of attitude. Happy Holidays, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE this is very Adorable!!! Love your take on the sketch. I am the same way on sketches. I collect them but use them time to time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet! Great take on the sketch challenge. I like the pink diamond pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that is just as cute as it can be!! Love that image on the black and the pink is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so sweet! I love her patterned paper dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!