Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Season's Tweetings

I stumbled across an adorable card by Kay Miller on her blog here, and just had to CASE it myself.  I knew my little Winter Sparrows set by Lawn Fawn would be perfect, and I also pulled out an old set by Stampin' Up called Snowflakes, one of my favorites.


Love it!  I kept the same layout and colors, substituting the dies and stamps I happen to have.  I stamped my little bird on white cardstock, colored it with Copic markers, and then cut it out.  I stamped the snowflake on a white circle using Spring Rain ink, and then added a branch for my bird using Rich Cocoa ink.  That's the only real change I made from the original design.  I felt my little bird needed grounding, and the branch in Winter Sparrows fit perfectly. 

I embossed white polka dots on the kraft circle using Polka Dot Basics.  (I really need Polka Dot Basics II.  I'd like a stamp with polka dots closer together.  Love my polka dots!)  There is an extra layer of hidden cardstock behind the snowflake to pop it up a bit.  I did the same thing behind the Dark Chocolate circle.  The white snowflake was cut with my Fancy Flakes die.

I used a die included in Blueprints 3 by My Favorite Things to cut the scalloped piece from Spring Rain cardstock, and then stamped it with Netting, a background stamp by Stampin' Up.  After stamping the sentiment, I glued everything together and added faux stitching lines with an Early Espresso marker.  The whole thing was adhered to a Dark Chocolate card base.

Stamps:  Winter Sparrows (Lawn Fawn); Snowflakes, Netting (Stampin' Up); Polka Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Rich Cocoa (Memento); Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Copic:  C1, C3, C5, Y11, B41, B45
Dies:  Circle STAX Set 2; Blueprints 3 (My Favorite Things); Fancy Flakes (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  white embossing powder (Filigree); Early Espresso marker (Stampin' Up)
 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!