Friday, January 24, 2014

A Bit of Sunshine

I got this little idea and just had to try it.  I'm not sure what triggered it either, but it was fun to play around and see how it worked.  It's a fun no-reason-at-all or thinking-of-you type of card.  I used a sentiment from the Think Big Favorites series by Papertrey Ink.


I stamped a vertical column of the word "hello", selectively inking the stamp to use just that portion.  I swiped a marker across each word in the colors of the rainbow and then trimmed the piece down to place on a Brilliant Blue piece that had been embossed with clouds.

I cut a Yoyo Yellow circle and inverted scallop circle for my sun, and then stamped the word "sunshine" in place.  (again, selectively inking the stamp)  I adhered it in the lower right corner and trimmed off the excess.  Once together, the whole thing was glued to a white card base.

Simple and quite cheerful!  Just right for sending a bit of sunshine to someone's mailbox.

Stamps:  Think Big Favorites #15 (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow (Stampin' Up); White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Cloudy Day embossing folder (Stampin' Up); Standard Circles Small die, Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles Large die (Spellbinders); Real Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Brilliant Blue, Lovely Lilac markers (Stampin' Up)

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! Love the embossed background and the rainbow of colors paired with the fun sunshine! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!