Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hello Friend

In my new stash of retired paper (see previous post), there was one piece of pretty textured paper from a pack called Parisian Breeze.  I have to admit that I haven't really paid much attention to Stampin' Up decorative paper in the past.  I bought a couple of packs last year, but most of the time, I'm drawn to the stamps and that uses up my budget pretty quickly.  When I do buy paper, it's usually the 6x6 paper pads because the smaller scale prints work better for cards.  Looking through my old catalogs to identify my new 12"x12" papers really opened my eyes.  There have been some great papers released in the past.  I feel so lucky to have some of them to play with now!


This card uses the same piece of decorative paper.  I just took advantage of both sides of the paper.  (I only had one sheet from the original pack.)  Aren't they pretty patterns?  I used the latest Sweet Sunday sketch #201 for my card, matting each piece with Chocolate Chip cardstock.  The layered flower is stamped with both words and netting for more interest.  I used a Viva Pearl Pen for the center of the flower.


You can see other cards using this sketch here.  Inside the card, I added a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock and a strip of the Parisian Breeze patterned paper.


I actually made this card last Thursday night, but we've had two solid days of rain here in North Carolina and that's made it difficult to get a photo.  It's been one of those times when I wish I had a photo tent!  I was so glad to see the sun come out today.  :)  I made two other cards using this piece of decorative paper, so expect to see those posted soon.

Stamps:  Sweet Summer, Netting, By Definition (Stampin' Up); Little Labels (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Parisian Breeze (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Standard Circles Small die (Spellbinders); Beautiful Blooms II #1 die (Papertrey Ink); Cream pearl pen (Viva)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!