Monday, January 13, 2014

Snowman Love


I made a card this afternoon for the current MFT sketch challenge.  (found here)  I've had the sketch on my desk since last Wednesday.  For once, I got it done before the deadline!  :)  I have oodles of printed MFT sketches that I have yet to use.  lol  Once I had an idea of what to use, it came together fairly quickly.




I have four sheets of Christmas Cocoa paper in my new-to-me stash.  (Can I say how much fun I'm having using all this paper?)  I used several pieces of it for this masculine card.  Each piece was matted with Soft Suede cardstock and assembled according to the sketch.  Because I added metallic brads to the upper strip, I backed it with Soft Suede cardstock for strength.  I did the same for the lower narrow strip so they looked the same.

For the snowman, I stamped the image on a white circle and then colored the scarf to match the striped paper.  I cut the hat and heart out of cardstock for paper piecing, using Soft Suede and Real Red respectively.  Finally, I stamped the word "love" on the heart.

I love this card (pun intended) and it's perfect to give to a guy for any love occasion, be it Valentine's Day or anniversary.  My husband likes it anyway!  He told me that before I even asked.  :)

Stamps:  Happy Heart Snowman (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Soft Suede, Real Red, Christmas Cocoa dp (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Soft Suede (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Standard Circles dies (Spellbinders); Metallic Basics brads (Making Memories); Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Real Red markers (Stampin' Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!