Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stand Under My Umbrella

I purchased this Rain or Shine stamp set from Verve last November and now it's finally seeing some ink.  I seem to have a weakness for weather-related images, especially umbrellas.  When I saw the new Mojo Monday sketch this week (found here), I thought it was perfect for this set.


 

I found this pretty cloud paper in the Sunshine & Sprinkles pack by Stampin' Up.  I paired it with Marina Mist and Pacific Point cardstock.  Such lovely blues!  On a piece of Marina Mist, I stamped several umbrellas using Marina Mist and Pacific Point ink.  I also stamped some little raindrops among the umbrellas by stamping off first to mute the color.  (generational stamping technique)

I stamped the "You can stand under my umbrella" sentiment on a white square and then embellished it with three Pacific Point raindrops.  Inside the card, I stamped "I'm here for you" from an MFT set. 


This card is intended to be a sympathy or moral support type of card.  We all have storms to weather and it's always nice to know someone is thinking of you when you're going through it.  Umbrellas are meant to be shared.  :) 

Stamps:  Rain or Shine (Verve); Get Well Soon (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Sunshine & Sprinkles dp (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Marina Mist, Pacific Point (Stampin' Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!