Monday, February 10, 2014

PTI 7th Anniversary Day 6: So Very Blessed

I'm back for today's Papertrey Ink anniversary challenge.  I really enjoyed this one.  I love large word dies, so I pulled out the Counting My Blessings set for this one.  Here's the details:

So today we have shown you all kinds of fun ways to add *words* to your cards using the new Phrase Play stamp set.  Now it's your turn to give it a whirl for yourself!  Grab your favorite word die, alphabet dies or alphabet stamps and make a project that has a *word* for the focal point.  Have fun experimenting with the potioning of your word, whether it be at an angle, along the edge of your card, etc...  We can hardly wait to see what you make!


Winter Wisteria is such a lovely color.  I embossed it with a quatrefoil pattern from the Decorative Tile set by Cuttlebug.  Layering it on white and black really makes it pop.

I cut the word "blessed" in both Winter Wisteria and True Black, gluing them together off-set to create a shadow effect.  I stamped "so very" over top and added a small flower from the Little Lady set.  Underneath the word panel, I placed two pretty black flourishes for extra flair.  I was absolutely thrilled when I managed to stamp them centered on the first try!  :)


You can see other cards for the word challenge here.  Everyone is so creative.  Plus, the new Circle Scribbles set looks like so much fun!

Stamps:  Counting My Blessings, Fancy Flourishes, Little Lady (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Winter Wisteria, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Counting My Blessings die, Fancy Flourishes dies (Papertrey Ink); Decorative Tile embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!