Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Abstract Love

I attended a workshop at my Stampin' Up demo's house last night where we made four cards.  It's always nice to get out of the house and be creative!  This particular card was a challenge for me.  I don't typically do artsy random-style cards.


We used the new in-colors and each stamp from Work of Art was assigned a color, so I couldn't change it up too much.  Normally, I would not put all these colors together!  I struggled a bit to make something I liked.  lol

I ended up spritzing my first layer of colors with water.  I had previously stamped off before adding each color to the card, and then double-stamped in a few places.  After letting the water dry a bit, I added a few more images in full color strength.  Once I was fairly happy with how it looked, I embossed the heart and "you" in gold.  I smooshed the VersaMark pad on two corners and embossed those as well for more of the artsy touch.

Voila!  It turned out pretty well and I was able to add my own personal touch.  My finished card looked quite different from the sample by the time I was done.   :)

I'll post the other three cards over the next few days.  Stay tuned!

Stamps:  Work of Art (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist (Stampin' Up); VersaMark
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon (Stampin' Up); watercolor paper
Misc:  gold embossing powder, water spritzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!