Thursday, July 10, 2014

Soft Hello

Here's card number two from the Stampin' Up workshop.  This one was free reign.  My demo showed us how to cut the layered angle piece and then provided several choices of patterned paper, cardstock, embellishments, and ribbon.


Would you believe this is the first time I've used washi tape?  It's been all the rage for ages.  :)  I just never got into it.  I collect enough crafty stuff as it is.  lol

I stamped the word "hello" in Smoky Slate and then added glitter to the letters.  It looks so pretty with the grey underneath.  To be fair, I copied that idea from one of the other workshop attendees.  I did some generational stamping with Flower Patch in Crisp Cantaloupe ink.  I wanted to fill the space, but keep it subtle.  I added some tiny pearls and a candy dot to the centers of the flowers.

The pretty faceted button is embellished with a bit of twine.  My knot looks a bit weird because I tied one piece and then knotted another one to it to get more fullness.  Now I realize that I should have put two pieces together and then tied them so as to have a single knot.  Hindsight - can't fix it now, but I would if I had more twine!  lol

I adhered a piece of satin ribbon to the opposite corner along with a torn strip of washi tape.  I like the look.  It balances the funky panel and adds interest.

Stamps:  Flower Patch, Four You (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Crisp Canteloupe, Smoky Slate (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Crisp Canteloupe, Lullaby dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Epic Day washi tape, 5/8" Silver satin ribbon, Neutrals Candy Dots, Vintage Faceted designer button, glitter, twine (Stampin' Up) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!