Saturday, November 15, 2014

Holly & Stars


I'm squeaking in at the last minute to post one last card for the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party challenges.  This time it's a sketch.  Pretty straightforward, but my card required a lot of tweaking before I was happy with it.




I'll add more info in just a bit.  I've got to get this linked before time runs out!   :)

Okay, I'm back.  I made it with six minutes to spare.  lol  You'll have to pardon the indoor lighting.  The sun is well and truly down here on the east coast.  I'll get a better picture tomorrow.  (edited to add new pics above)

I used an oldie but goodie stamp set by Waltzingmouse.  I purchased Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy along with its companion set when they were first released several years ago.  I love the adorable gingerbread men, but this time I reached for the holly and berry images for my card.  I stamped them randomly around the oval in Handsome Hunter and Real Red ink.  Then I added two sizes of gold stars from the same stamp set.

The images looked a little flat, so I took my Wink of Stella pen and added a sheer layer of glitter to each star.  I used Glossy Accents on the berries to add shine and dimension.

I cut two ovals from white and green cardstock using Spellbinders dies.  On the white oval, I added a gold border with a paint pen.  Love the look!  I also went over it with my Wink of Stella pen to match the stars.  In the center, I stamped a sentiment from Ornate Ornaments and a small flourish underneath from Vintage Labels 4.  I added one tiny glittery star above.

I stamped and cut out two more sprays of holly and adhered them to each side of the oval, again adding Glossy Accents to the berries.  The whole centerpiece was popped up with foam tape on the card.  Whew!  It didn't turn out half bad!  Thank goodness.   :)

Stamps:  Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy, Ornate Ornaments, Vintage Labels 4 (Waltzingmouse)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Handsome Hunter, Real Red (Stampin' Up); Gold (Encore! Ultimate Metallic)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Handsome Hunter (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Standard Ovals Small and Large dies (Spellbinders); Glossy Accents (Ranger); clear Wink of Stella pen; foam tape  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, well done and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!! Love how you used all of Clare's "extras" to create this beautiful card!! Congratulations on your win!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!