Sunday, November 23, 2014

Merry Poinsettias

I made a card using a recent Clean & Simple Stamping sketch.  I really liked the sketch layout with its possibilities for smaller images, and knew exactly what stamps I wanted to pull out.



I made a fun framed bingo card using Jolly Bingo Bits a few years ago.  (posted here, and yes, I now own the stamps myself)  :)  At first, I thought I would do something similar using different images for each circle, but then my eye was drawn to the poinsettia and I thought it would look good repeated on all the circles instead.

I used my Spellbinders dies to cut white circles and red scalloped circles.  On each white circle, I stamped a poinsettia in Pure Poppy ink, adding glittery dot centers with a glue pen and Wink of Stella shimmer to each petal.

I embossed the white panel with Stampin' Up's Petals-a-Plenty folder and adhered it to a Pure Poppy card base.  I arranged my scalloped circles according to the sketch.  Then I cut the word "merry" using a die by Papertrey Ink and glittered the heck out of it.  I love the sparkle!  I stamped the word "christmas" on a small strip of cardstock and glittered the edges so it would stand out better from the background and visually connect it with the larger word.  The sentiment ended up a little higher than the sketch, but it fit better around the circles this way.  I didn't want the "y" hanging off the card, nor did I want to block the poinsettia circles.


Hopefully, you can see the shimmer better in the close up above.  I love my Wink of Stella pen.  I ended up using foam tape to raise the sentiment, although with all that glitter, I'm sure it stands out from the background anyway!

Stamps:  Jolly Bingo Bits (Stampin' Up); Wonderful Words: Joy (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Yellow Barite glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen; Standard Circles Small die, Classic Scalloped Circles Small die (Spellbinders); Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder (Stampin' Up); Wink of Stella clear pen; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful, Heidi! Wonderful combination of texture and sparkle. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!