Friday, November 14, 2014

Scandinavian Tag


I could not resist the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party challenge for this month to make a Scandinavian-style tag using red and white.  I have had the Folk Art Medallion stamp set for quite some time without using it, and I just knew it would look cool embossed in white on a red tag.  I had to try it out!  Here's the result.


Quite simple, although it took several steps.  Each part of the medallion was stamped and embossed separately.  First the large leafy circle medallion, and then the smaller bits inside.  I stamped my sentiment on a diecut flag and popped it up.  Yes, that is an eyelet!  lol  I've had these flower eyelets for years and completely forgot about them until I started searching through my embellishments today.  They were still in the box!  It echoes the floral shapes in the medallion so it adds a nice touch. Besides, using what I have is the goal!  :)

You can see other projects for the challenge here on the Waltzingmouse blog.

Stamps:  Folk Art Medallion, Ornate Ornaments (Waltzingmouse)
Ink:  Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  white embossing powder (Filigree); flower eyelet (Making Memories); Tag Sale #1 die (Papertrey Ink); Fishtail Flags Layers STAX die (My Favorite Things); baker's twine; foam tape

8 comments:

  1. Heidi, love your tag! The shape works so well with the floral folk medallion! I think I need this medallion also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right - looks great embossed in white on the red tag, perfect Scandi feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Heid! The folk art stamp is perfect for a scandi style tag and looks so crisp against the red. It is a WMS that I don't have....yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your white embossed medallion looks beautiful on the red tag Heidi - love that little floral eyelet attaching your sentiment tag! so glad you came to the WMS pajama party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is just stunning! Love the white embossed on red. I have this set also, and always forget to pull it out. Now you've motivated me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that you have a little teeny mini flag taggy on the bigger tag!! So cute, the white embossing on red is super striking! This tag is fab! hope it's ok if I pin! Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So striking! Love the white embossing on the red card stock - it caught my eye immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The white embossing is stunning on the red. Very pretty tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!