Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sweetest Christmas Wishes


I'm popping in to post a card for another of the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party challenges, this time to use an older Christmas set.  The DT used Candy Jar Christmas, which I do have (and also haven't used yet), so I pulled it out to make this card.


I stamped the candy canes with black ink, colored in sections with a red marker, and then used a glue pen to add sparkly red glitter.  I hand cut the candy canes, completely forgetting that I had the dies!  {smack forehead}  I remembered when I considered using the jar image and pulled out the matching dies.  Ooops!  I did use a die for the bow.  :)

After stamping, I colored the bow with Copic markers to add shading and then coated it in glitter.  Love the sparkle!  I stamped a Vintage Labels 4 image on another diecut in Hawaiian Shores ink, and then the sentiment in Pure Poppy ink.  I love how the bow fits nicely around the sentiment.

I embossed the Hawaiian Shores panel with a Decorative Dots folder from Stampin' Up.  It almost looks like falling snow.  I glued it to a white card base and then added the layered candy cane piece.  It makes a very sweet Christmas card!  (pun intended)  :)

Stamps:  Candy Jar Christmas, Candy Jar Christmas Fillers, Vintage Labels 4 (Waltzingmouse)
Ink:  Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  0, C1, C3
Misc:  Cherry Cobbler marker, Decorative Dots embossing folder (Stampin' Up); Labels 4 die (Spellbinders); Jar Fillers die (Waltzingmouse); Sugar Cube glitter, Garnet glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen

2 comments:

  1. Your candy canes look so festive wrapped in the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card! love the fresh minty blue with the red candy canes, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!