Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Stamped Art: Santa Frame

Good grief, it has been one heck of a busy month!  Here it is Christmas Eve and I'm just now getting on to post some of my Christmas projects.  I went to a workshop at my Stampin' Up demo's house to make tags, which will be posted as soon as I take pics.  I thought I already had, oops!  They are on presents under the tree and it's currently raining, so that's not going to happen today.  While I was there, I stamped the images for two stamped art frames.  Since I couldn't attend that particular workshop, my demo made up a kit for me with all the papers/embellishments and I assembled them at home as I had time.  Here's the red and green Santa-themed one.


It turned out super cute!  The patterned papers are from the Trim the Tree stack and the images come from several different stamp sets.



There are so many little details.  This project took multiple hours, but I enjoyed every minute.  I love doing stuff like this!  I followed my demo's design pretty closely and only changed a couple of things.

Each of the images were stamped on Whisper White card stock and then cut out by hand.  The only images stamped directly on a white square were the cardinal and the sentiment.  The images are also popped up with dimensionals on each layered square.


The Santa in the first square is from a set called Color Me Christmas.  I used Stampin' Markers to color him in and then added crystal fine glitter to the fur.  I used garnet glitter on the candy cane, one of my little changes to add more sparkle.


This little car is from White Christmas.  I colored it with markers, added white "snow" to the tree with a gel pen, and added glitter to the windows.  A small strip of chevron ribbon makes a road for the car.



I colored the penguin from Punch Pals and added glitter to his scarf.  A snowflake sequin is placed in the corner.


This tree is from Color Me Christmas as well.  I used red and gold Stickles on the ornaments, and added glitter to the star.


The sentiment was stamped after coloring the stamp with markers in two colors.  I wrapped the square with some green ribbon and tied a snowflake charm to it with baker's twine.  The rhinestone     in the center of the charm was colored with a Copic marker.


This stocking is also from Color Me Christmas.  It was colored with markers and the white portions were glittered.  Baker's twine was threaded through a button and then tied into a bow.


I colored the two trees from Punch Pals with markers and added glitter to the little swirls and the star.  There are some tiny strips of foam tape under those trunks! 


The present is another Color Me Christmas image.  I added glitter to the white stripes and a rhinestone brad was placed on the patterned paper square.


This cardinal from Beauty of the Season was stamped directly on the white square and colored with markers.  I added red Stickles to the branches for berries and a red bow in the corner.


I love this adorable little snowman from Punch Pals.  I added color with markers and then glittered the shading on the snowman.  I also added red Stickles to the berries on his hat, and used black enamel for the eyes and buttons.


The deer and banner are from White Christmas.  After coloring the banner, I cut out the two pieces separately for easier placement.  The deer is glittered (naturally) and a strip of red polka dot ribbon was added to the square.


This fun Santa suit is from Get Your Santa On.  I cut it out, glittered the fur, and then glued it to a tiny metal hanger.  The sentiment was trimmed down and placed on top.


So much fun!  It looks awesome in person.  I have the frame sitting in a stand in my kitchen.  I got several compliments for it during my open house this past Sunday.  :)

Stamps:  Color Me Christmas, White Christmas, Get Your Santa On, Punch Pals (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Whisper White, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Trim the Tree dsp stack (Stampin' Up)
Markers:  Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  R89 Copic marker; Xmas Red Stickles, Golden Rod Stickles; Crystal fine glitter, Garnet glitter (Martha Stewart); various embellishments/ribbon (Stampin' Up); white gel pen, white shadowbox frame


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!