Friday, January 16, 2015

Sending Smiles

The latest Freshly Made Sketch challenge caught my eye.  I wanted to make something simple, plus I had several white circles in my scrap drawer left over from making several bee cards earlier this month.  I pulled out this cute Up and Away stamp set by Mama Elephant, because the pretty blue striped paper reminded me of the sky.



I used Copic markers to color the bunny and balloons.  Part of me is seriously tempted to add glitter to those balloons.  lol  I shaded the clouds with just a touch of grey, although I think it's difficult to see in the picture.  According to the sketch, the sentiment strip is supposed to be on the circle, but it didn't work for my design, so I just moved it lower.  I put a cloud in its place instead.  After all, my little bunny is floating in the sky!

Stamps:  Up and Away (Mama Elephant)
Ink  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Tempting Turquoise, Brights Collection Paper Stack (Stampin' Up)
Copic:  0, C1, W5, E41, E42, E55, E57, E59, B000, B00, BV00, BV02, BV04, R20, R22, Y00, Y02, Y06
Misc:  Up and Away dies (Mama Elephant); Standard Circles Large die (Spellbinders); Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX die (My Favorite Things); Clouds 1 & 2 die (Papertrey Ink)

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable image! And I love how you've colored it. It definitely brings a smile to my face. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Great coloring and love the stitched sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun! I just love the happy colors with that awesome image! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!