Thursday, February 19, 2015

Love Will Keep Us Together

I pulled a couple of things out of my scrap drawer to make today's card.  It's getting too full!  I cut the Framed Love piece ages ago.  When I had it hand, I decided to turn it into a shaker card.  I hadn't made one in quite a while and I've seen them all over the blogosphere lately.


I cut three more Framed Love pieces from Pure Poppy cardstock and glued them together, sandwiching some acetate between the top two layers.  I used Sparkling Clear and Metallic Silver sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for my shaker.  I'm wishing now that I had thrown in a bit of glitter too.  Unfortunately, the acetate I used was pretty flimsy and made this much harder than it should have been, not to mention the static cling.  Lessons learned.  I still love it! (pun intended)  I stamped my sentiment from Wonderful Words: Love in black ink, angling it to match the shaker.  I adhered a black strip of rickrack at the bottom of my card to finish it off.

Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Love (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Framed Love die, Rickrack Border die (Papertrey Ink); Sparkling Clear and Metallic Silver sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); acetate

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! (Unfortunately, it didn't keep the Captain and His wife together, dang it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute shaker design! I love the tiny little silver sequins and the great clean design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shaker card! Love how CAS it is, yet still says "wow"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!