Wednesday, February 11, 2015

PTI 8th Anniversary: Together Forever

I'm back with a new card for the Papertrey Ink eighth anniversary celebration.  Today's challenge is to use only metallics and neutrals.  This had me stumped a bit at first because I don't have any metallic paper.  Glitter to the rescue!


I laid down strips of 1/2 inch Scor-Tape in a diagonal pattern on white cardstock and poured White Gold glitter over top.  It's such a luxurious color!   Then I adhered the panel to a black card base so the sparkle would really pop.

I pulled out an untouched stamp set called Wonderful Words: Together and stamped a small sentiment on a white Building Blocks die cut.  I glittered up a tiny heart die cut from Heart Prints using Yellow Barite.  It pulls out the bits of gold in the stripes.  I also wanted the heart to really stand out from the background.  I cut the word "together" out of black cardstock, doubling it for a little dimension.  Then I simply glued it all in place.


I really love how elegant this is, especially in person.  I hope my pictures capture the glorious sparkle.  It's a perfect wedding card, or perhaps an alternative to all the usual red and pink for Valentine's Day.  You can see other challenge cards here.


Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Together (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Wonderful Words: Together die, Building Blocks die, Heart Prints die (Papertrey Ink); White Gold glitter, Yellow Barite glitter (Martha Stewart); 1/2" Scor-Tape

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I bet it is spectacular in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Heidi! The sparkle is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love how this sparkles. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! I love the glitter striped background you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect card for the Heavy Metal challenge! I love the big stripes and the way you created the sentiment. Fantastic. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gosh! LOOOOVE the sparkles on this card! I wish I could see in person. I'm sure it's gorgeous! I also love the bold sentiment with a single gold heart. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!