Monday, February 2, 2015

Sunshine Flowers

I still had some never-before-used stuff out on my desk from last week, so I made a card using these sweet Heart-2-Heart #7 flowers.  This is not my original design.  You can see the original card here.  I followed it pretty closely and just used what I had, layering the center piece instead of doing a frame.  I loved the pretty yellow flowers against the white and black.


For my version, I embossed the white panel using the Stripes folder by Stampin' Up.  I added embossed white polka dots to the black square using Polka Dot Basics II by Papertrey Ink.  It was not easy to line up that border on black cardstock using VersaMark ink!  This was my second attempt.  lol

I stamped black stems on a white square and then added black diecut leaves.  I stamped the flowers on their matching diecuts using Daffodil Delight ink and placed a black Candy Dot in the center of each one.  I cut a narrow strip of white cardstock for my sentiment and used a square punch to flag the ends.  The sentiment is from Luck of the Irish by Papertrey Ink.  So I actually used two different untouched sets on this card!  The flowers and sentiment are popped up for dimension.

I think this design would look great with any color for the flowers, but the sentiment I chose works perfectly with that sunny yellow!

Stamps:  Heart-2-Heart #7, Luck of the Irish, Polka Dot Basics II (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up); VersaMark
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:   Heart-2-Heart #7 dies (Papertrey Ink); 1/2" square punch (EK Success); Stripes embossing folder (Stampin Up); white embossing powder (Filigree); neutral Candy Dots (Stampin' Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!