Thursday, July 9, 2015

You Make a Difference

On my current quest to use up my Urban Garden paper, I had one strip left of this striped pattern and when I glanced at the current Mojo Monday sketch, I realized it would work perfectly.  I really like how it turned out, too!



I apologize for the strong shadows, but it was really bright outside when I had opportunity to take a photo.  Hot too!  Summer is in full force.  I used two different patterns from the Urban Gardens pack, paired with Basic Gray and white cardstock.  I embossed the white panel with a polka dot folder by Cuttlebug.  It echoes the circle patterned paper nicely and adds texture.

My sentiment is from Bloom & Grow by Verve Stamps.  I stamped and colored the butterfly from Blue Skies with a Baja Breeze marker to match the patterned paper and then cut it out.  I then placed it on the sentiment circle just like in the sketch.

I still have several cards to post in my Urban Garden series.  This card is actually one of the last I created, so it's a bit out of order, but I wanted to get it linked up for Mojo Monday #405 while that was still open.  Stayed tuned for the rest!

Stamps:  Bloom & Grow, Blue Skies (Verve)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Basic Gray, Urban Garden dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Baja Breeze marker (Stampin' Up); Standard Circles dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love all those dots. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!