Saturday, November 7, 2015

Poinsettia Joy

This is not my original design.  I wanted to clarify that right off!  I CASE'd a card by Paula Dobson found here.  I loved the simple elegance of her design.  I only made small changes and that was to add glitter (naturally!) and use a different mat color and sentiment.


I stamped the large poinsettia from Joyful Christmas by Stampin' Up over the white strip and the Pinefeather card base at the same time. It left a small gap between the pieces due to the cardstock thickness, but that was easily covered by the black cardstock mat.

I colored the flower with Copic markers and added Golden Rod Stickles to the stamens.  Because.  Glitter.  Sparkle.  Glitter is a necessary element for Christmas.  lol  I was thinking of all the silk poinsettias in the craft stores.  Very few come without glitter.  :)

I used a large Joy sentiment from Merry Wishes by Verve Stamps.  I love the flourish-y font.  Then it was just a simple matter of gluing everything together!  I may make a few more of these to have on hand for Christmas cards because it's perfect for mailing.

Stamps:  Joyful Christmas (Stampin' Up); Merry Wishes (Verve)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Pinefeather, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  0, C1, Y15, G24, G28, BG99, R24, R29, R59
Misc:  Golden Rod Stickles
 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!