Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Silver Snowflake

I have a weakness for snowflakes.  Snowmen too.  I just love wintry images.  I purchased the Festive Flurry set from Stampin' Up last year along with the matching dies, but hadn't used them.  Yesterday, I was in the mood to make a simple card and these large gorgeous snowflakes are perfect for that.


On a white card base, I adhered a strip of scalloped Going Gray cardstock and a strip of Winter Frost dsp.  I embossed the snowflake with silver embossing powder, one of the quickest ways to add lots of impact to a card.  Then I cut it with the matching die and popped it up with a bit of foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment from Holiday Button Bits by Papertrey Ink in Basic Gray ink.

I could easily make a lot of these.  It's a quick design, but still very elegant!

Stamps:  Festive Flurry (Stampin' Up); Holiday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Basic Gray (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Going Gray, Winter Frost dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Festive Flurry die (Stampin' Up); Scallop border punch (Stampin' Up); silver embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!