Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Merry & Bright Tag

I love this sweet, wintry tag!  Of course, I'm partial to cardinals and the bright pop of red in a snowy landscape.  It's one of those projects that made feel giddy while creating it.   :)


I cut my base tag using the Tag Sale #4 die by Papertrey Ink.  I've used this one a lot, since it's one of my favorites.  Notice anything?  Your eyes aren't deceiving you.  I made one tag first and when I made the other three tags a week later, I used a different color of cardstock.  Oops!  I didn't even realize it until I was nearly finished.  The original tag is Spring Rain and the other tags are Aqua Mist.



I cut some pieces of white cardstock with the Stitched Hillside Borders dies by Lawn Fawn, cut them again with the Tag Sale #4 die, and then glittered them to mimic snow.  I love doing that!  Glitter makes me happy.  Sparkly too.  I went to church last Sunday with glitter on my skirt and probably my face as well.   lol   It's all over the house right now.


I stamped some small snowflakes from Tag-Its #8 by Papertrey Ink using VersaMark ink for a subtle snowy background.  After gluing the tag pieces together, I stamped a sentiment from the same set in black ink.  The tree trunk is Dark Chocolate cardstock cut with the Branch Out die by Reverse Confetti. 

After stamping the bird from Swanky Snowdudes on white cardstock, I colored it with Copic markers and glittered the white parts of the hat.  Naturally.  :)  Then I just adhered it to one of the branches.  Paper Smooches has such darling images.  I adore this little bird!  I added a bit of white ribbon for a final touch.  Love.  I had so much fun making these tags.


Stamps:  Swanky Snowdudes (Paper Smooches); Tag-Its #8 (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento): VersaMark
Paper:  White, Aqua Mist, Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  R29, R59, G46
Misc:  Tag Sale #4 die (Papertrey Ink); Stitched Hillside Borders dies (Lawn Fawn); Branch Out die (Reverse Confetti); Crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!