Friday, December 18, 2015

Santa Stache Tag

Anyone who knows me well will not be surprised.  Phrases constantly trigger lyrics for me and I often burst out in song as a result.  I seriously considered typing my post title as "Santa's got a brand new stache" to the tune of a song from the SHeDAISY Christmas album.  (replacing the word "bag" with "stache")  In fact, I immediately turned on the song to sing along.  Welcome to my warped little world.


Aren't those tags adorable??!!  I had so much fun making these.  They were quick too, other than cutting and waiting for the flocking/glitter to dry.  The tag base is Kraft cardstock cut with the Tag Sale #10 die by Papertrey Ink.  I stamped the bottom with a sentiment from Get Your Santa On by Stampin' Up.



The Santa head image is from a Stampin' Up set appropriately called Santa Stache.  After stamping it on white cardstock, I colored the hat and face with Copic markers.  I didn't think to add the simple grey shading until after I had flocked three Santas already, but I like the dimension it adds to the one tag.


I hand-cut each Santa head and an extra set of mustaches.  I added white flocking to the hair, eyebrows, mustache, and beard.  I love the texture!  It just begs to be touched.  I popped up the extra mustache on each Santa with foam tape for dimension.


Finally, I added a bit of Diamond Stickles to the lines on the hat band and pom.  Oh, and some silver ribbon.  I really love these tags!  The sentiment makes me giggle.  It made my son do a double take.  lol


Stamps:  Santa Stache, Get Your Santa On (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  C1, R20, R29, R59, R89, E00, E30, E42
Misc:  Tag Sale #10 die (Papertrey Ink); Diamond Stickles, Cotton Ball White Fun Flock (Stampendous); silver ribbon; glue pen; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!