Monday, January 25, 2016

Dear Friend

This card was fast to make.  It uses some pretty patterned paper from Stampin' Up called Timeless Elegance.  I really liked the designs my friend had for us at the Stampin' Up workshop I attended and this one is a lovely combination of patterns.


Another advantage of workshops is that all the pieces are pre-cut for you.  All I had to do was hand-cut the lace paper along the printed pattern and sponge Pool Party ink on the roses with a dauber.  You really can't tell that the color wasn't there originally!  Once the pieces were placed on a Pool Party card base, I added a piece of stitched black satin ribbon and stamped a sentiment from Birthday Blooms in black ink.  It's such an elegant card.

Stamps:  Birthday Blooms (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Basic Black, Pool Party (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Pool Party, Timeless Elegance dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  black stitched satin ribbon (Stampin' Up); sponge dauber

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!