Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Groovy Love

Here's the final card from the Stampin' Up workshop.  I didn't actually finish it there due to running out of time.  It was getting late anyway and my brain started hitting a wall.  My friend Shannon and I got together at my house the next day to do it.  I enjoy our weekly stamp mornings!


This is a fun design.  It uses patterned paper from the new Love Blossoms stack.  The 1/2-inch strips were pre-cut for me, but I spent a lot of time arranging the various patterns on a piece of white cardstock.  It looks like a vintage quilt, doesn't it?  I adhered the background to a Rose Red layer and a Blushing Bride card base.

I stamped the sentiment from Groovy Love in Garden Green ink while still at the workshop.  I had already glued the sentiment strip together when I decided I would have preferred a narrower strip.  Bummer.  Too late at that point!  I don't have Groovy Love so I couldn't redo it.  I searched through my inventory book to find something simple to fill the space and settled on this three heart image from Twitterpated by Verve Stamps.  I stamped it above the sentiment in Blushing Bride ink.  It adds a lot to the design, I think.  Serendipity!

I stamped the polka dot heart from Groovy Love and punched it out with the Sweetheart punch.  I also punched a heart from one of the Love Blossoms patterns.  I added them to the card, popping up one of the hearts for dimension.

Stamps:  Groovy Love (Stampin' Up); Twitterpated (Verve Stamps)
Ink:  Garden Green, Rose Red, Blushing Bride (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Whisper White, Garden Green, Love Blossoms dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Sweetheart punch (Stampin' Up)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!