Sunday, February 14, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary: Birthday Blooms

This card is for the Create Along with Us challenge over at Papertrey Ink during their anniversary celebration.  I loved Amy Sheffer's card she posted using the new Tulip Time stamp set and just had to make one myself.   Using the frames from Tag Sale #10 as a background is a wonderful idea!  By the way, I must have those new tulips.  They are my favorite flower anyway, but the three-step layer design is so pretty.  Love!


I stamped a Kraft card base with Background Basics: Text Style in VersaMark ink to create a soft background.  I love how it looks!  I guess I was channeling a vintage vibe during my crafting session yesterday.  I added several white scalloped frames that I had cut using the Tag Sale #10 die.

After die cutting a few flowers from white cardstock, I stamped some cheerful blooms using Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, and Dark Chocolate ink using the matching Petite Pots stamps.  For the stems, I inked up first with Spring Moss and then rolled the leaf edges in Ripe Avocado.  I smile every time I look at these flowers!  You'll see them in my next post too.

I adhered two flowers to my card and then added a narrow Dark Chocolate banner that I embossed with a happy birthday sentiment from Father Knows Best.  Isn't it sweet?  I really love this card!  You can see other cards for the challenge here.  Thanks to Amy for the inspiration!

Stamps:  Petite Pots, Father Knows Best, Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Paper:  White, Kraft, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Tag Sale #10 die, Petite Pots die (Papertrey Ink); white embossing powder (Filigree)


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!