Sunday, February 14, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary: Fabulous Wonderful Friend

Well, this was an interesting challenge.  For the last day of the Papertrey Ink anniversary festivities before the big reveal, we were given a Paper Crafting Alphabet and told to use the first three letters of either our first or last name to determine what we needed to do on our card.

H - heat emboss an image or sentiment
E - incorporate an emboss resist technique
I - use an impression plate or do some kind of dry embossing

Notice a theme?  lol  Since the sun has long gone down here and it happens to be snowing (yes, SNOWING), this is the best I could do for a picture before tomorrow's deadline.


I dry embossed a Kraft card base using the Decorative Dots folder by Stampin' Up.  I also used the Linen & Canvas impression plate by Papertrey Ink to add texture to a Dark Chocolate cardstock strip.  It's very difficult to see in the picture.

I embossed the large flower and two leaves from Friends 'Til the End on white cardstock using white embossing powder.  I sponged color on the flower with Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Lovely Lady, and Hibiscus Burst inks.  For the leaves, I used Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado inks.  I hand-cut all of them out with scissors.

I heat embossed the word "friend" with white embossing powder on the Dark Chocolate strip.  I stamped the words "fabulous" and "wonderful" on white cardstock, cut them into blocks, and glued them in place.  Everything was then adhered to the card.  I used foam tape to pop up the sentiment strip.

It's not my favorite, honestly, but it's still a nice card.  I was struggling a bit in the mojo department today.  You can see other cards for the challenge here.  I'm looking forward to the complete reveal tomorrow.  There are so many wonderful new things being released this month!

Stamps:  Friends 'Til the End (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Paper:  White, Kraft, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Linen & Canvas impression plate (Papertrey Ink); Decorative Dots embossing folder (Stampin' Up); white embossing powder (Filigree); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!