Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary: Hello Bouquet

Bit of a tough weekend.  I lost my mojo for a couple of days.  Parenting a tween can be hard sometimes!  This particular PTI anniversary challenge was to take five minutes and grab things to make a card, making sure to use everything in the finished product.  I took the simple route.  I already had Bitty Bouquets out on my desk from my last card so I started with that and just grabbed cardstock, inks, two dies, an embossing folder, and my clear Wink of Stella pen.


I stamped random rose bouquets on a white panel in Lovely Lady and Mint Julep inks.  I wanted a soft, romantic look.  Plus, I really wanted to use my new Papertrey Ink colors!  I also stamped one on a single white Bitty Bouquets diecut.  I ran the rose panel through my BigKick using the Decorative Dots folder by Stampin' Up to give it a fun texture.

I cut the Keep It Simple scalloped frame die from both white and Mint Julep cardstock.  I stamped the hello sentiment from the Bitty Bouquets set in black ink.  Starting with a white card base, I glued the rose panel to a piece of Lovely Lady cardstock and then added the single rose bouquet to the sentiment piece.

It's a simple card, but it has a soft elegance.  As a final step, I brushed some clear Wink of Stella over the roses in the single bouquet.  You know I love my sparkle!  Other cards for this challenge can be found here.

Stamps:  Bitty Bouquets (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Lovely Lady, Mint Julep (Papaertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Lovely Lady, Mint Julep (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Bitty Bouquets die, Keep It Simple Frames die (Papertrey Ink); Decorative Dots embossing folder (Stampin' Up); clear Wink of Stella pen

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, Heidi! Love the stamp created background and texture! Great design1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!