Monday, May 30, 2016

Minty Fresh

I've been playing with my Don't Forget to Write kit by Papertrey Ink again.  This time, I created the Minty Fresh stationery set.  I probably wouldn't have put these colors together myself, but I like the combination.  They just exude spring, don't they?  I made four cards total, following the directions closely with just a few minor changes.



I cut a piece of striped patterned paper from the kit and adhered it to a Fresh Snow linen card base.  I cut a circle frame from the linen paper, sponged it with Berry Sorbet ink, and stamped the flourishes in the same ink.  On the "sending" die cut, I sponged the bottom half with Summer Sunrise ink.  I stamped one flower cluster in Berry Sorbet with Hibiscus Pink centers and one flower cluster in Summer Sunrise with Orange Zest centers.  The leaves are stamped with Mint Julep and Green Parakeet ink.  I did add leaves to the bottom flower, unlike the original directions.

I cut a banner using the Tag Sale: Quilted die from linen cardstock and a smaller banner using the Tag Sale #10 die from Aqua Mist cardstock.  The directions said to cut your own sentiment banner, but I knew that die would be a perfect fit!  I stamped "birthday cheer" using Stormy Seas ink.  Then I glued everything in place.


For the second A1-size card, I glued a piece of striped paper to a Fresh Snow linen card base.  I cut a frame and stamped the flourishes in Berry Sorbet ink.  I also stamped flowers in Berry Sorbet with Hibiscus Burst centers.  The leaves are Mint Julep and Green Parakeet.  I stamped a sentiment from Fillable Frames Additions 2 in Stormy Seas ink instead of doing a sponged monogram like the directions.  Sweet and simple!


I love this scalloped notecard die!  I cut a Fresh Snow linen card base and stamped corner flourishes with Stormy Seas ink.  I used the selective stamping technique to add tiny accents in Summer Sunrise and Berry Sorbet ink, my own additions to the original design.  I cut a circle frame from linen cardstock and stamped the striped circle in Mint Julep ink.  The flourishes are stamped with Berry Sorbet.  I added a Smoky Slate "note" die cut to the frame.  (my mistake - I thought I had grabbed Stormy Seas, but it still works)  Then I stamped "just a" in Summer Sunrise ink and added Summer Sunrise flowers with Orange Zest centers and Mint Julep/Green Parakeet leaves.


This final card was an exercise in frustration.  I copied the box label directions to make another small scalloped notecard, but instead of quick and easy, I ran into some issues.  I glued a piece of patterned paper to a Fresh Snow linen card base.  I cut the large "note" word and sponged the lower half with Summer Sunrise ink.  When I went to stamp the "a", I got it crooked.  Blast!  I covered up the error with a hand-cut Aqua Mist flower and stamped the "a" in a different place.  After stamping the rest of my sentiment in Stormy Seas ink, I added two smaller Aqua Mist flowers for balance.  During this "what-do-I-do-experimentation", I managed to drop my Summer Sunrise inkpad on my card.  Aargh!  It left a lovely yellow smudge on the top edge of my card.  After much deliberation, I cut a linen piece with the Scalloped Frames die by Pretty Pink Posh, trimmed it down, and glued it along the edge.  You can barely see the smudge now, thank goodness!  No one would ever know that I didn't design it this way in the first place.  Unless, of course, you are reading my blog.  lol   :)

I really enjoyed making these cards!  I've already made one card from the pink set, so be looking for that next.

Stamps:  Don't Forget to Write, Fillable Frames Additions 2 (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Green Parakeet, Hibiscus Burst, Mint Julep, Orange Zest, Stormy Seas, Summer Sunrise
Paper:  Fresh Snow linen paper, Aqua Mist, Don't Forget to Write dsp (Papertrey Ink); Smoky Slate (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Don't Forget to Write dies, Tag Sale: Quilted die, Tag Sale #10 die (Papertrey Ink); Scalloped Frames die (Pretty Pink Posh)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!