Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Time's a Dragon Without You

 
I'm squeaking in at the last minute with a mini card for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge to Sparkle It Up.  I don't know how I missed it before, because I love any excuse to add sparkle to my creations!  I colored this adorable dragon from Critters Ever After by Lawn Fawn over a month ago and it's been sitting on my desk ever since.
 

For the challenge, I added silver Wink of Stella to the dragon's horns and clear Wink of Stella to the wings.  I cut a piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock using the Stitched Hillside Borders dies by Lawn Fawn and covered it with Brushed Corduroy Distress Stickles.  It simulates the texture of dirt with some extra sparkle, grounding the dragon perfectly.  Love it!


 

As you can see, I was rapidly running out of daylight while taking these pictures.  (Stickles can take a while to dry.)  I snapped a couple of photos inside trying to capture the sparkle.  Hopefully you can see it in the close-up shot.

 


My son and daughter got a kick out of the sentiment!  It's from Dexter the Dragon by Kraftin' Kimmie.  I may slip this little card into my husband's suitcase the next time he takes a business trip.  I'm glad I finally got this cute dragon off my desk and onto a card.   He makes me smile!

Stamps:  Critters Ever After (Lawn Fawn); Dexter the Dragon (Kraftin' Kimmie)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Regals Collection Pattern Stack dsp (Stampin' Up)
Copic:  G28, G40, G43, G46, E42, E44, N0, N2, N4
Misc:  Envie die (Avery Elle); Stitched Hillside Border die (Lawn Fawn); clear and silver Wink of Stella pens; Brushed Corduroy Distress Stickles




2 comments:

  1. How cute is this! Seriously, so fun. Love the glitter paper and your beautiful coloring. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!