Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Camp Create: Ewe Have My Heart


Oh my goodness, this was fun to create!  Fair warning: it took a few hours.  It's a bit complicated!  Day two's challenge for Camp Create was Sensational Sliders and my card needed to have some kind of movement.  I instantly thought of this darling stamp set called Ewe are the Best by My Favorite Things.


So sweet, right?  There are several layers on this card, but the best part is that the sheep moves across the card to join its sweetheart.  They end up touching noses!


The grass is three separate layers and the top one is popped up with foam tape to accommodate the sliding sheep.  The fence is a Dark Chocolate layer behind all those.  I used my Movers & Shakers: Spinners die by Papertrey Ink to cut out the sliding track since I don't have the MFT dies.  (yet)  lol  I tucked three little flowers in the hillside from the Ewe are the Best stamp set.  I hand-cut all the images for this card and colored them with Copic markers.  The sheep are flocked too.  I love the fuzzy texture!

I swiped the Sweet Tooth inkpad on the Spring Rain card base to mimic wispy clouds.  I cut the two clouds with the Flat-Bottom Clouds dies and added shading with a C1 Copic marker.  There is clear Wink of Stella shimmer on the windmill blades, but it's difficult to see in the picture.  I stamped the sentiment "ewe have my heart" between the two sheep with black ink.

I absolutely love how this card turned out!  I grin every time I look at it.  Based on the hours spent, I earned this camp badge for sure.  :)  Click on the image to see other cards for the challenge and the instructional video.  Try it out for yourself!

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/camp-create-2016-2/

Stamps:  Ewe are the Best (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Garden Green (Stampin' Up)
Copic:  0, C1, E30, E55, E57, E59, R20, T1, T4, T6, Y13, Y17, YG17
Misc:  Grassy Edges die, Rolling Hills dies, Flat-Bottom Clouds dies (My Favorite Things); Movers & Shakers: Spinners die (Papertrey Ink); clear Wink of Stella pen; Hazy Grey Fun Flock (Stampendous); glue pen

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!