Thursday, June 16, 2016

Camp Create: Forever Love


You know, it's funny how challenges that should be easy for you can sometimes turn out the opposite.  My daughter Emily said that the Delightful Die Cutting challenge would be no problem because I use dies on almost every card.  Truth.  Even I thought so.  Famous last words.  I got stuck because I really wanted dies to be the showcase on the card.  It took me ALL DAY to decide on a design.  lol 


Love.  Seriously, love.  (pun intended)

I pulled out the Love die by My Favorite Things and cut it into a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of white cardstock, carefully placing it where I wanted for my design.  I stamped the sentiment from Always & Forever in Dark Chocolate ink just above the cutout.  Then I used a glue pen to liberally cover the cut letters in White Gold glitter.  Oh, how it sparkles!

I added a stitched Pure Poppy heart from the Hot Cocoa Cups dies and a trio of tiny Pure Poppy hearts from the Blueprints 11 dies.  I covered the backside with foam tape and adhered it to a Pure Poppy card base.  This is one of those cards you just have to see in person!  The dimension and sparkle really catch the eye.  I needed a wedding card and this will be perfect.


Another successful day at camp!  Here's my newest badge for this challenge.  Click on the image to see other linked cards and the instructional video.

http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/camp-create-2016-4/


Stamps:  Always & Forever (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Misc: Love die, Blueprints 11 die, Hot Cocoa Cups die (My Favorite Things); White Gold glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!