Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Camp Create: Inlaid Daisy


Hey, I'm making progress!  I've gotten another card done for the second week of Camp Create.  This time it's for the Inlaid Made Easy challenge.  I had just enough daylight left to take my photo.


I used the Gerbera Daisy die by My Favorite Things.  I started by cutting a piece of Kraft cardstock and then die cutting a circle out of it.  I also cut a white cardstock circle and cut the daisy out of the center.  I then cut the daisy out of Bright Buttercup cardstock and the flower center out of Dark Chocolate cardstock.  With me so far?  Lots of pieces!

I used the text border image from Forget Me Not by My Favorite Things, stamping it in VersaMark ink onto the Kraft panel.  I stamped the main sentiment from You've Got Mail in Dark Chocolate ink.  After I glued the panel to a Dark Chocolate card base, I started piecing the daisy:  first the white circle, then the yellow petals, and finally the brown center.  I was channeling a brown-eyed Susan, naturally.  I love those cheerful little flowers!  Here's the badge I earned.



Stamps:  Forget Me Not, You've Got Mail (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  VersaMark; Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Bright Buttercup (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Gerbera Daisy dies, Circle STAX Set 2 die (My Favorite Things)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!