Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Ink It Up with Leigh Penner: Forget-Me-Not


Leigh Penner and I were chatting a while back about having uninked stamp sets lying around and we decided to challenge each other to actually use them.  We're going to post a card twice a month on the second and fourth Wednesdays.  I'm excited to do this!  I'm feeling some nervousness about having a regular commitment like that, but I'm squelching the self-doubt monster and diving in.  I have plenty of uninked stamps from which to choose.  For many years, I was more of a collector than a stamper.  Sets still often sit around for some time before they get used.  Time to change that!  I've been following Leigh's blog, To the Full, for a long time, so this is going to be fun.  Let's get those stamps inky!  :)

My first Ink It Up card uses the brand new Forget-Me-Not set by Papertrey Ink.  I purchased the Don't Forget to Write kit when it came out in May and have been using it like crazy.  This new set totally has the same vibe.  I love the darling flowers and dies, so I couldn't resist ordering it along with the new Noted dies.  I'm notorious for forgetting birthdays till the last minute, so I knew exactly what I needed to make.


Isn't it sweet?  I was going for a vintage style.  I cut the Noted: Scalloped A2 card die from Spring Rain cardstock and layered a piece of white cardstock that I embossed with the Dotted Lattice embossing folder by Taylored Expressions.  (also unused)  On the matching die cuts, I stamped the forget-me-not flower bunches in Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Summer Sunrise, and Simply Chartreuse ink.  I double-layered them for dimension.  I also double-layered the word "forgot" cut from Blueberry Sky cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment on Spring Rain cardstock using Smokey Shadow ink and cut it into pieces.  Then I simply adhered everything together.

This is going to my sister who got a last-minute birthday wish on Facebook.  {blush}  My only defense is that several family birthdays happened while I was super focused on helping my son finish his Eagle Scout project before his 18th birthday.  Now to work on my next goal of actually sending cards to people...preferably on time.   :)

Hope you like my card!  Head over to Leigh's blog here to see her card for the Ink It Up challenge.  She's a very creative and prolific stamper so you'll want to follow her blog if you don't already.  Thanks for dropping by Mapleberry Musings!

Stamps:  Forget-Me-Not (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Spring Rain, White (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Forget-Me-Not dies, Forget-Me-Not Sentiments die, Noted: Scalloped A2 die (Papertrey Ink); Dotted Lattice embossing folder (Taylored Expressions)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty, Heidi! I'm so glad we're doing this challenge together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nostalgia of the forget-me-nots! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!