Monday, July 25, 2016

Stamp-a-Faire 2016: Masterpiece Inspirations


This was fun!  I was browsing through all the Masterpiece Inspiration choices and the Henri Matisse art, La Gerbe, really jumped out at me.  I wanted something fairly easy to get going this morning and once I remembered the Happiness in Bloom Leaves dies, I knew it had to be that one!



I liked Amy Sheffer's color choices, so I used the same ones.  That way I didn't have to think about it.  lol  I cut lots of Happiness in Bloom Leaves in two sizes from the cardstock and started arranging them on a white card base.  I decided to spread my leaves out like the original art.

I also liked what Amy did for her sentiment, so I cut Wonderful Words: Congrats out of Aqua Mist cardstock and sponged some Tropical Teal on the lower half.  Then I stamped "you did it" underneath in black ink.  Simple, but very striking!

Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Congrats (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Tropical Teal (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Enchanted Evening, New Leaf, Limeade Ice, Green Parakeet, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Happiness in Bloom Leaves dies, Wonderful Words: Congrats die (Papertrey Ink); ink blending tool

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous! your interpretation is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! Wonderful placement of the leaves and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!