Monday, July 25, 2016

Stamp-a-Faire 2016: Pointillism Play


Yes!  I have finished all of the Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire challenges!  I had to take a picture of this one indoors since it's 10:40pm at night now, but I managed to do it.  I'm so proud of myself.  Here is my card for the Pointillism Play challenge.  It was a bit time-consuming to do all the dot stamping, and I can't say I would do this very often, but I really like the look.  It's so unique!


I followed Heather Nichols' instructions exactly and used the same Year of Flowers: Violets stamp set that she did.  All those purples are so pretty on the petals.  I really love it.  All of the color was added with some small circles from Polka Dot Basics.  I did the same thing with green inks on the leaves.

I decided to put my flower on a Noted: Scalloped Square card base using Kraft cardstock.  It certainly makes a statement on the smaller card size.  I stamped "hello" from Happy Hydrangeas in black ink directly on the card.  On the white narrow banner from Tag Sale #10, I stamped the rest of my sentiment using the Don't Forget to Write set.  I love this sweet little card!

Stamps:  Year of Flowers: Violets, Polka Dot Basics, Happy Hydrangeas, Don't Forget to Write (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark; Amethyst Allure, Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado
Paper:  White, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Tag Sale #10 die, Noted: Scalloped Square die (Papertrey Ink); white embossing powder (Filigree)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so gorgeous, Heidi! You did an amazing job with the challenge! I personally found this one the most frustrating -- I'm too impatient, I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!