Friday, July 22, 2016

Warm Wishes Redux

Remember the sponged snowflake background I posted yesterday?  I'm back to share the card I created using the leftover mask.  In fact, I love this background the best.  The colors are more vibrant and exciting!


I cut the Snowflake Fusion Cover-Up die from cheap white cardstock that was thinner than my usual choice and used it for a mask to sponge several colors of Distress Ink onto my previous card.  This gorgeous piece was left over and I just had to use to make another card.  I glued it directly to a white card base.  I really love it!

I stamped this cute Pure Innocence girl called Warm Wishes onto white cardstock and colored her with Copic markers, sticking to cool greys so as not to compete with the background.  I added crystal glitter to all the fur trim for some sparkle.  You know I can't resist glitter!  I hand cut the girl and popped her up with foam tape on the card.  For my sentiment, I stamped "warm wishes" on a Fishtail Flags Layers STAX die cut.  This card really makes me smile!   :)

Stamps:  Pure Innocence: Warm Wishes (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Hickory Smoke (Distress Inks)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  N0, N2, N4, BV29, E00, E30, E42, E57, E59, R20
Misc:  Snowflake Fusion Cover-Up die, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX die (My Favorite Things); Crystal glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your inking on the background die is fabulous! Super sweet card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!